Data modelling is arguably the single most important activity in information system design and a basic competency for all information systems professionals.
This 2 day course provides information systems professionals with foundation skills in data modelling.
To re-enforce the study material, the course is rich in exercises and case studies, equipping students to develop their own Data Models.
The course covers:
- Relational modelling
- Entity Modelling
- Subtypes and Supertypes, Roles
- Time and History
- Common modelling errors
- Attributes, value ranges and codes
- Common uses of data modelling
- Reuse, patterns and resources
- Enterprise contexts
- Data warehousing concepts