Applications are now open
We are now taking enrolments for the Associate and Practitioner levels Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) examinations.
To apply upload your resume here.
Exam Cram (optional)
We have a weekly online study program commencing late March. Participants will be expected to prepare and facilitate a session.
CDMP Associate 6 x weekly 90 minute study sessions (cost $100)
CDMP Practitioner 10 x weekly 90 minute study sessions (cost $200)
View the tentative study schedule
CDMP Associate 1 x 90 minute exam - currently scheduled for 16 May (Cost AUD $500*)
CDMP Practitioner 3 x 90 minute exams - currently scheduled for 16 May and 13 June (cost AUD $1500*)
Examinations are held online, we will assist you to prepare for the exam. For groups of 3 or more in one location, we can organise an in person session.
*DAMA examinations are billed in US dollars
Professionals in any field participate in continuing education to stay current with best practices and to further develop specialised skills. Most data management training is focused on developing skills with specific technology products. The focus on technical training masks the fact that Data Management is a business function. DAMA International and other professional organisations provide education in product-neutral concepts, methods and techniques to enable business areas to define and control solutions to meet their business needs.
Professional certification is an indication of knowledge, skills and experience in a field. DAMA International has constructed the Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) designation. The certification program gives data management professionals the opportunity to show professional growth that can enhance their personal and career goals.
Just starting out in Data Management?
Suits the following groups:
- new graduates or recent graduates, who are looking forward to a career and need to quickly incorporate the basics into their competency
- people that work in data management on a infrequent basis (e.g. a part-time data steward), who wants to ensure they understand a practical overview of data management.
- people that have no qualifications in Data Management, and would like to start with a basic qualification that demonstrates their expertise
To become a CDMP associate, you need to pass the CDMP Associate Examination. It tests your knowledge of the Data Management Body of Knowledge (DMBoK).
The pass mark is 60%.
Over five years, you are expected to increase your qualifications towards practitioner or mastery level.
Suits the following groups:
- Graduates with 4-5 years full-time experience who are ready to demonstrate their next level of capability and competence
- People that have no qualifications in Data Management, and would like to start with a significant qualification that demonstrates their expertise gained over 5 years or more
To become a CDMP practitioner, you need to pass three examinations:
- CDMP Practitioner Examination. It tests your knowledge of the Data Management Body of Knowledge (DMBoK). It is more advanced than the associate level examination.
- Data Governance
- Data Quality
The pass mark for each examination is 70%